Wednesday, July 10, 2013

{Insert Witty and Sarcastic Title Here}

Praise the Lord, saints!

Things have been a little hectic around the Tomahawk household lately.  Where to begin??

My mother-in-law had "very significant sized" pulmonary embolisms in each lung with several smaller clots in each lung and was hospitalized for over a week.  She also had a DVT in her left leg.  She is older, 74 and doesn't bounce back quickly.  On the Fourth of July she was moved from the hospital to a nursing home for rehabilitation.  The goal was and still is to get her stronger so she can go home again.  However, she appears to be giving up.

She was having some cognitive issues in the hospital that concerned me but I was told over and over again it was the pain medication she was on and towards the end of her stay in the hospital she did seem to be more "with it" but my first, and sadly only, visit with her in the rehab facility showed a frail woman who was confused, very quiet, and frankly just pitiful.  Jeff and I both agreed she's giving up.

Her cognitive issues are back and I believe she may have had another stroke.  She fell over the weekend in the middle of the night trying to get to the bathroom.  She keeps insisting to Jeff's sister that someone keeps coming in her room in the middle of the night and decorating it.  It's sad.  My husband is very upset about this.  It will be 10 years next month that he lost his father and he's not ready to say goodbye to his mom yet.

I've been asking for people to pray for healing but at this point I now ask people to pray that God's Will be done. If that means she goes Home to Jeff's dad then it's better than watching her deteriorate like my grandmother has over the years.  But God's Will could be for her to get stronger and better and go home and live another 20  years.  I just want His Will done and I will respect and accept His Will.

Kidney Stoneapalooza 2013 continues.  I first went to the ER on 6/9/13 where I was diagnosed with two kidney stones and a minor UTI.  One week later on 6/16/13 I was back in the ER with a major UTI (I had been resistant to Cipro) as well as the two stones renting space in my body.  I was put on IV antibiotics and then put on a five day antibiotic.  I thought I was getting better until 6am this past Sunday 7/7/13 when I ended back in the same ER and this time I got more information: both stones are STILL THERE!!  One is still maxing and relaxing in my left kidney and the other one is taking his good ol time bouncing around my urinary tract without a care in the world.  I've compared it to the stone being on an intertube and floating through my UT as if it were a lazy river.  I, who didn't think I needed to see a urologist, will be seeing one Friday at 12pm because mama can't take this misery any longer!!!

Because of the Attack of the Stone, I had to postpone my starting date for my new job by a week.  I hated doing it but I'm just too miserable.  I can't focus to write a blog let alone learn how to do a new job!! :-)

My new job is very part time and in fact while it's what I really want to do, it may not give me the hours and pay I need to keep us in a better financial situation.  I've been hired to be a Crisis Counselor at a local hospital. I'm still looking for something that will pay Sallie Mae but in the meantime I'm going to focus on what I have and keep praying for the Lord to move me where I'm supposed to be.

I'm stuck on my weight loss journey.  I don't know how to get started.  Truthfully I don't have the drive to get started.  I'm praying on this also.


No comments:

Post a Comment