Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Five

Linking up with Joy again this week for the Friday FIVE! (between worrying about getting my class work finished for the week for the big game and being sick with a sinus infection I'm not sure what all I've shared before so please forgive any repeats)

1. My husband and I were not married in a church.  It's a funny story actually.  From our first date until the day we married was 40 days.  Not kidding.  We got married on the secret for two reasons: 1. I didn't want to give up my place and move in with him and not have anything to fall back on and 2. I needed health insurance and my job was horrible.  We didn't tell my parents and they weren't there when their only daughter married.  We did have a nice reception though.
Well, this coming April we will have been married 7 years and I was thinking about how I really want to renew our vows in our church and in front of our family.  I got to looking at the calendar and noticed that the next time our anniversary falls on a Saturday is next year so on 4/19/14 we will be renewing our wedding vows and having an anniversary party.  I'm just starting to plan (read: pin ideas) for it.  You can check out my Pinterest board HERE
I'm in love with this cake:

2. I had given up on American Idol a few years ago.  I felt the auditions where they feature people who are mentally unbalanced or unable to realize they are being made the behind of jokes for TV ratings bothers me. I mean, I'd rather see ALL of the talent you had to choose from instead of the few screamers, can't carry a tune in a bucket wannabe singers.  Call me crazy but I tune into a talent show to watch talent.  I mean if the entire audition process showed nothing but pure talent the top 25, top 10, and winner would be *THAT* much more talented in our eyes, no?

I did enjoy when Steven Tyler was on there even though I still didn't tune in regularly.  This season I just absolutely cannot tolerate Nikki Minaj and I've never been a Mariah Carey fan.  I honestly feel AI has run its course and given all the other talent shows on TV now does winning really mean anything anymore?  I mean other than Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson who are the other winners??

3. I absolutely cannot get enough of the show Scandal on ABC on Thursday nights.  I love politics and this show has plenty of that.  It's an amazing show.  If you haven't watched it, get ye to Netflix and start with season 1.  It's fast moving and oh so good!!!

4. I am also absolutely in love with the show Double Divas on Lifetime.  The girls on this show are amazing.  I cried last week when a transgendered male to female woman walked into the shop looking for things to feel pretty and Molly treated her no differently than any other woman who has come into the store.  The tears in the customer's eyes threw me over the edge.  Molly said, "I was raised with good Christian values of respect and love" and I've got to say that she exemplified those values with that customer.  If you haven't seen Double Divas please get the to Lifetimetv.com and watch an episode.  You won't be disappointed.

5. I think for 5 I'm going to leave you with some funnies and some things to think about:
Funnies:






Things to think about:




1 comment:

  1. Oh Allison! I think that's a great idea to renew your vows! And yes, pinterest will have you finding all kinds of things for your ceremony! We've been watching American Idol this year, but we love the city tryouts! Those are our favorites! Thanks for linking up! And Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete