Sunday, February 12, 2012

Le'ts Goooooooooooo Foster to Adopt!

Life around here is about to change in a big way and we've worked our hineies off all weekend working towards that change.  We will be meeting with a social worker on Tuesday afternoon.  He will be coming to our home (this is when I wish I was OCD rather than what I am) and getting us started in the process of becoming foster parents.  There is a 13 year old boy available for adoption that we have our heart set on.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I already have his room set up just for him. 

We are exhausted.  We have cleaned, moved furniture, decluttered, and cleaned some more.  In fact I still have clutter to put away but I'm simply exhausted.  I know when he gets here Tuesday he won't be expecting to see a spotless house.  He just wants to see that we have a safe place for children. 

Here's what we have for his room at this point.  I'm still waiting on the matching valances and bed skirt.










We still have to: remove the entertainment cabinet next to the computer desk, get a bed frame to put the mattress/box springs on, put shades on the lamps, hang a couple of pictures/signs, clean out the closet for his clothes.  But this is what we have now. Oh and the door into the room needs painted and the closet door needs a second coat.

I have so much more to share but I guess I'd better go get finished with what needs done today.  We only have the rest of today and tomorrow after work to get "prepared." 

I'll be back to blog again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment