Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Week 1 Over...

Last night was our first class.  It was very informal, just us and the social worker.  We watched a video on bloodborne pathogens, the first Pride video and a video that the State of WV shows birth parents who have lost custody of their children to the Foster Care system.  It was very informative.

I had a lot more questions than my husband.  I have the clinical/psychological questions since I've done this kind of work before.  After the class we went to dinner and talked.  Talked a lot.  It was one of the first dinners we've had where we weren't preoccupied with our phones, Twitter, or some other social network. 

We have a lot of concerns and questions that will be answered in time.  I have so much more to write about but I've had a long day and I still need some time to process the class, honestly.

I hope everyone (all 2 of you who are Followers) like my new blog design!  I love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment