Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I Have So Much to be Thankful For

this year.  The year started out with us knowing we were going to have a completely different ending, but alas it didn't.  We won't be playing Santa this year.  That's kind of hurtful and okay at the same time.  I'm still, two weeks out, perfectly content with how things have turned out. 

We may have an interview next week regarding a young man we expressed interest in adopting.  We're going to go to the interview and see how things go.  We're still not 100% sure where we want to go from here.

I submitted a resume for a case management position at a local youth academy.  I wonder if I'll get a call.  I should.  I have tons of experience.  It's not that I WANT to go back to work but I need to go back: 1) to make sure I can afford the student loan payments when they come due; 2) to see if I can work or if I need to look into SSDI and 3) to get a part of myself back.  To feel as if I have some importance. 

Friday I'll be going to Charleston with my husband and extended family to prepare for the funeral of my mother's best friend.  This woman was much like a second mother to me. She knew me from the day I was born.  I can't imagine how difficult this will be on my mom and Sharon's family.  It wasn't unexpected.  She died from cancer.  Cancer sucks. But even though her final days lasted two weeks and we just kept waiting to get the word she died, it doesn't make it any easier to accept.  Life just isn't fair sometimes.  I take faith in Sharon knew the Lord as her Savior and expressed to her family she saw Jesus with her.  Waiting on her.  Praise God for his faithfulness.

I hope everyone has a wonderful turkey day.  My sleepy meds are kicking in.  Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment