Friday, November 23, 2012

Day Late..but...

I'm a day late on my Thanksgiving What I'm Thankful For post.  I spent yesterday with my family and that was more important then remembering this thing.

I am thankful for: my family.  My mom just lost her best friend to cancer on Monday.  She was 61 years old.  My dad just turned 60 and my mom will turn 29 in March (I'm not stupid!).  I'm so thankful they are healthy and still with me.  When I think of my childhood friend Chris having to bury his mother at 37, well it just makes me sick.

I'm thankful for: seeing the happiness on my parents' faces when their granddaughter is around.  Amelia is the life of our family.  Her little giggles and smiles and her silliness are just so amazing that there are hardly any words to describe it.  I can't believe she's going to be two.  It seems like she's growing way too fast but it also seems like she's been in our family forever.

I'm thankful for: no longer grieving my infertility, miscarriage, or motherhood.  I still look at the calendar on those "days" when I remember what was and should have been and I pause and sometimes I cry but I feel whatever emotion comes up and I move along.  I'm not stuck in the past anymore.


I'm thankful for: my husband.  Our story is crazy.  It's unbelievable.  But he's honestly my only true love.  I was engaged before. I dated a lot.  But never did I have a man who loved me and cared for me the way my husband does.  He's my heart.  He's my soul.  He's my life.  I love him.



I'm thankful for: my dog and my cats.  They are my children and I love them so much.  My Lola girl is almost 10.  I get so sick thinking how old she's getting and the thought of her not being around breaks my heart but she's still spunky and she's just an awesome dog!!


I'm thankful for: finding out I'm crafty and can make money being crafty!  I'll be doing my first craft fair on December 1st. I can't wait.

I'm thankful for so many things but most importantly I'm thankful for God.  Without Him, I'd have none of the things I'm thankful for.

I hope you take time out of shopping and think about what you're thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment