Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Linking Up Wednesday

Today I'm linking up with a new blogger, Shanna, that I met via JOY


So, in what ways can I be random today?

1. Went to Foster Parent Support Group meeting last night.  I came face-to-face with the girl we gave up to try to make another placement work.  That placement was 'Lyric' and it didn't work.  Of the two girls, I have really missed 'Shay'.  I cried the day she went to a new placement.  For awhile it seemed like she had adjustment issues in her new placement that were similar to what we were experiencing in our home.  She's grown a lot in her current placement.  I miss Shay.  I am very angry with myself for giving up on her and how that must have hurt her.  But at the time our home was a powder keg and we were in the final seconds before an explosion. I had to make a choice and I made the best choice I could with the information I had been provided.

The worst thing about foster care? The children aren't the only pawns in the system.  The foster parents are pawns, too.  And the master chess players will say and do anything to meet a desired end or need.  As new FPs we didn't know this. Now, Shay's worker is looking for a forever home for her and every.single.ounce.of.me. wants to slowly S.....L...O....W...L....Y try to integrate her back into our home. I'm going to pray over this.

Yes we had our issues with her but how much of those issues where her, were because of Lyric, because of the too frequent contact with mom, and just being a teen?  After all this is the first time we'd ever been parents and we were given two girls (12,13).  We were clueless.  We still feel clueless.

2. I'm in my last semester of grad school and I'm detesting every.single.minute.of.it.  I think I'm just so ready to be done that I've developed ADHD when it comes to reading my text and completing my assignments.

3. I need to develop a housecleaning, meal planning, and exercise schedule.  Here in Fairmont, WV we've had such crazy weather it has been impossible to come to any kind of schedule.Notice how I blame the weather for not wanting to do anything??  Yesterday and today we've had temps in the upper 60's and low 70's and tomorrow it will be below freezing with snow accumulations.  My head is a mess.

4. Still trying to be a good steward of my faith.  Still attending church and will be starting membership classes on Sunday.

5. My husband's company bought a whole bunch of new expensive equipment and as the IT guy he has to know how to use/run/fix all of it.  The trainer is from India by way of England. My husband is tickled when he sees a face expecting one accent and hearing another.  I got a text this afternoon from my husband that simply said, "Oh em geee he just said "Brilliant!"  I guess it's the little things!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you linked up with Shanna today! it's a fun link up and I loved your randomness!

    ReplyDelete