Saturday, January 12, 2013

Long Time No Write.

I've been neglecting this blog for a long while now.  It's not that I don't have much to say, I just feel slightly overwhelmed at the thought of writing down our lives.

The holidays were very good to us.  We spoiled our niece like the princess she is.  Speaking of Miss Amelia Leigh, she turns 2 on Sunday.  Today I was thinking about that long, long night/day/afternoon she was born.  I can't remember our lives without her and I'm perfectly okay with that.  She is the joy of our worlds.

Hubby had lots of time off at the holidays and when he had to go back to work..he had to go back with a crazy schedule.  His company recently bought a bunch of new computer stuff (he runs the IT department at one of the biggest newspapers in WV) and this past week he had to take training.  He literally worked from 7:30-8am until midnight each day.  I was very lonely.  I'm sure we're both happy he's finished with this week.  He has a lot to do but hopefully nothing like this.

We still don't have any foster children.  We still don't know where we will go in relation to taking in any additional children.  The agency has not called us so I'm kinda thankful for that.

We have become 200% more active in our church.  We absolutely adore our pastors and church family.  It perfect for us and a lot of the time I see the children of the church that I find myself wishing that we had children who could take part in the drama ministry.  I'm sure we'll have kids in the house soon.

I supposed I should take this time to update y'all on any resolutions I made for 2013 and honestly the only one was to get right with my God.  To learn how to lean on Him, depend on Him, and to trust in Him.  When I do all of this everything else will fall into place. Right??

That's not to say that I don't have a weight in the same number of pounds as the national debt is in dollars to lose but I need to invest in myself first.  I need to begin to see the good things about myself before I can find the strength to improve the bad, right?

The best thing I have had happen recently is watching my husband open up more to God.  It's just amazing seeing God work in him.  I'm excited to see how we both change over the next year.

I promise to be better at keeping blog going this year!!  Classes start on Monday. MY LAST GRADUATE SEMESTER EVER!!!!

Welp, it's 2:30am and I've got nothing else soooooo....

Night y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment