Friday, January 25, 2013

My First Friday Five Link Up


1:) This is my second week of my final 16 weeks of grad school.  I applied and was approved for graduation in May.  I will have my Masters of Human Services/ Marriage and Family Therapy degree from Liberty University in May!!  I'm oh so excited.  And nervous because I owe a lot of money in student loans but this new year has found me knowing that if I just give my concerns over to God and trust in Him that He will bring about a blessing in His time.

2:) Twitter has been driving me nuts this week.  Wednesday I replied to someone about my religious beliefs (my degree also affords me the opportunity to minister) and well the three respondents did not appreciate the fact I can be a Liberal Democrat and a Christian at the same time and have been harassing me for days.  Then Twitter decided to up and unfollow about 50 people, and that's just how many I have found out about. I'm sure there's others.  So, I had to be the moron who had to go back and appear in some of y'alls mentions  as following you again.  Silly Twitter.

Because of Twitter and the three people whom I've blocked, reported as spam, asked to quit tweeting at me because it was harassment and yet still tweeted at me, I had to change my handle from Auntie_Claus to Auntie_Allison.  Hopefully people will still know it's me!!!

3:) Mrs. Joy Sowell wrote a blog this week about how some people on Twitter curse yet post about relying on God.  OUCH!  I was like THAT"S ME!!!  And while I use Twitter to be a little more carefree and free with ungodly language, the conviction was there to get better.  I would never talk on Facebook how I do on Twitter.  Why?  Pastor follows me on FB.  But why am I worried about not being so inappropriate where my Pastor can't see what I say/do when God sees EVERYTHING??

So, I thank Joy for her blog because as I work at becoming a better person and improving myself and being a better example of Christ, I sometimes need a big ol slap in the face with the obvious!!

4:) This week was Chemo week for me.  I'm not adjusting as well as I did last time.  I'm not bouncing back as fast.  I don't know if it's weather changes or what but it's been a little rough.  I got a haircut over the weekend and you can still see how sparse my bangs are. My hair is short but not 'manly' short.  I may pull out my wigs since it's cooler out.  I feel so self-conscious even if I'm the only one who notices.

5:) I had interviewed for a job before Christmas and they hired a friend of mine and another person.  I have four years of experience but I told them I wasn't willing to start until after the holidays and I guess they were looking for someone sooner.  When I called to follow up with the supervisor who interviewed me to express the fact that in the future when there are openings to please consider me. I didn't say it but in my head I was thinking because I will need a job to pay back Sallie Mae and her band of merry loan officers.  

I had been wanting to make this call for over a month but I didn't.  Something kept telling me, 'no, it's not the time.'  Well, God laid it on me to call yesterday and what do you know...there is an advertisement going in the Sunday paper and I was "strongly encouraged" to resubmit a resume for consideration.  What a blessing!!  I'm going to go ahead and just believe that this is my place and my time. :)

Well, I guess since I've reached the end of my five things I should close.  I've been horrible about keeping this blog up and I'm going to get better at it.  

I hope those of you who came from the link up will hang around.  10 followers is pretty embarrassing ;-)

Happy Weekend!!


3 comments:

  1. Yay... so happy you linked up today! Okay a few things... girl I was not talking about you when I wrote that post... I was talking about someone else that cusses and then tweets about God within seconds of each other. Yet, it's always a good reminder to always live Christ like no matter where or what we are doing. I'll be thinking about you and this job that you will receive wonderful news! Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I understand you weren't point me out but when something hits you in the gut you need to realize that's God's way of saying, "HEY CUT IT OUT, Homegirl!!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the job! It sounds like great timing!

    ReplyDelete