Sunday, March 18, 2012

Changes

As we get closer to finishing up our training and becoming foster parents, we are trying to decide what kind of parents we want to be.  What kind of traditions do we want to start?

Now, we may get a child or two in here that we are able to adopt and have forever.  We may get children we'll foster for 6 months to a year or longer.  The traditions we estabilish will be just as much for our memories in life as for the children that experience them with us.

The first thing we have elected to begin once we have children is Sunday Family Days.  Jeff and I were supposed to start attending church again today but due to us both  recovering from Bronchitis and quite honestly I overslept we didn't make it today!

We hope our Sundays go as follows:  attend church, come home and make a big Sunday Dinner that we eat as a family.  I will invite my parents to join us if they are able.  I think it will be nice to have one day a week where we kind of focus on faith and family and getting rested and prepared to start a new work/school week.

I know this is going to be a huge change for us.  But I'm so looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment