Monday, April 23, 2012

Nesting

I've been in quite the predicament:  I've got that "nesting" feeling going on but I've also been pretty sick and unable to do everything I want to do. 

Today I finally went to the doctor and it wasn't as bad as I had feared.  Since I'm on various types of chemotherapy medications, any infection/illness can be very dangerous. I have been coughing and using my albuterol inhaler WAY more than I should so I was afraid it was bronchitis again (or worse) and after spending my seventh straight night coughing all.night.long, I decided it was time to see a doctor.

Thankfully, the coughing/chest congestion is from "acute exacerbation of asthma" associated with allergies and not bronchitis or worse.  I do; however, have a sinus infection and received a breathing treatment and Augmentin.  Since I haven't been moving air, I've not been able to get a lot done because I've been getting so winded/tired easily.  I explained this to the doctor and she gave me a script for a nebulizer for days when my allergies/asthma are really bad so I can keep the air  moving.  This is such a blessing since I'm going to be a mama and won't have much time to be winded!!  Plus once I get the air moving I can start exercising again.

My husband has taken some time off work and has been helping me.  Today we got one bedroom completely done: beds situated, closet cleaned out, chest of drawers put together, etc.

Chest of drawers for each kid.  I ordered them from Walmart for $97 a piece.  I couldn't put a whole lot of money into them since we paid so much for the beds and I was worried they would be "cheap" and well look like they cost $97 but I have been surprised.  They are good quality and look like they will hold up nicely!
Bunk beds!!!  As you can tell we hope that our sons are as big Mountaineer fans as we are!!  Of course if the kids don't like the bedding we'll let them pick out new!

This is our youngest cat, Farty.  Yes, her name is Farty.  Actually it's Fart Tart but we call her Farty.  She's thanking me for her new bed!! hahahahaha

Hanging new curtain rods!

The only thing left I have to do in there is have Jeff connect the computer, purchase a computer chair, and set up the computer that limits where they can go online and tracks where they've been.  Having an expert IT guy as a husband comes in handy sometimes!!!

Tomorrow I'll work on the other bedroom.  It will have the same set up as far as comforter but it will be for a single child.  The room is much smaller and while it would fit a bunk bed, I just don't think it's big enough for two people and I don't think we can handle four children.  Three is pushing it!!

At this point I think we've decided we prefer sons.  One of the things our SW told us is that given our age group if we have girls to limit if not eliminate any time that Jeff is alone with the girl (s) until the family unit is comfortable with each other as a means of protection.  Often times when you're raising foster children to adopt when you try to institute strict rules the children don't like the first thing they do is make accusations: they hit us, they don't feed us, they won't let us call our mom, etc.  The last thing we need is for a girl to say Jeff did something her.  And even though our SW knows it wouldn't be true, he said the easiest way to defend against the allegations is to simply say, "when did it happen?" and since there wouldn't be any alone time between the two then there's no question.  

We may change our minds but right now I really think I'd rather stick with sons.

Well, I feel like this post is all over the place.  Thanks for reading and check back tomorrow for more updates!!

No comments:

Post a Comment