Sunday, April 1, 2012

9 Days and Counting

I have nine days of work left as we're off this Friday for Good Friday.  We won't be licensed until the first of May at the earliest so why am I quitting so soon?  Because I need to prepare myself. 

I need to take some time and go through every.single.room in my house and rid it of the past, of junk, and make it feel homey and happy.

I need to take some time and get into a routine of getting up early, exercising, making breakfast, doing my daily cleaning chores, and getting in the habit of day-to-day operations of a home.

I need to refocus my thoughts and feelings.  I need to get centered and develop a routine of daily meditation and Bible study.

I need to focus on myself, my husband, and our child/ren. 

I don't even want to finish those 9 days.  I hate two weeks' notices.  You've already checked out, aren't invested, and still have to trudge through your day as if you care when everyone knows you don't.  I'm also rather sick and tired of my boss leaving her work for me to do so she can spend the rest of these 9 days ebay shopping before she has to work again.

I'm thinking of making a private, invitation only blog (in addition to this one as this one will always be "open to the public") to give me a place where I can be more open and talk about more pressing issues. 

Overslept for church today.  In fact my allergies have been so bad today I've done a big ol lot of nothing.
Wow this blog has turned into a big ol boring something-or-other hasn't it.  Perhaps I should come back when I have more uplifting things to say.

1 comment:

  1. Those nine days will pass by quickly... you can do it!! Just remember, if you don't want to do the work... don't. What is she going to do... ask you to leave? =)

    ReplyDelete