Sunday, May 6, 2012

Catching You Up!

Sorry I've been MIA.  It's been a busy week (or two).  My best friend's family and I prepared for a yard sale.  I hate yard sales. They are so much work.  I don't go to them (honestly only because I don't get up that early on the weekends). 

We were to start at 8am.  We started setting up at 6:30 and my 7am we had our first customers when we didn't have but maybe 1/4th of our stuff out.  It was a 10% chance of rain and you know what that meant:  it sprinkled all morning! 

We did very well.  We had a lot of nice things and the weird thing is the things I thought would go didn't and the ones that I figured would still be around sold.  Isn't that how it always goes?  By 1 we became Walmart and rolled back prices by 50%!  By 2pm we were telling people, "Just make any offer on anything!"  We all were soooooo tired and over it.  My husband and I had only gotten three hours of sleep so we were exhausted.  The humidity was high and my RA was really flaring which made me pretty much a lawn ornament while he lifted, moved, and followed my direction.  But even though it spit rain most of the day and the humidity was horrible, we had a great time.



Now, it's not a real Tomasek/Masters family event if there isn't some kind of "This Can Only Happen To Us/No One Would Ever Believe This" thing doesn't happen and yesterday's yard sale was no different.  We had to call the police on a drunk shoplifter.  I kid you not. 

Ginger had noticed him and went to talk to him and he expressed he was homeless (an very, very drunk) so she gave him a duffel bag with a couple of pieces of clothes.  He apparently then decided that we were his own personal Goodwill so he grabbed another bag and started filling it with all kinds of stuff.  Ginger finally called the police after he refused to leave and started filling Rubbermaid containers with random stuff. 

When the HAWT policeman got him to leave, we went through the stuff he was trying to take and he had tried to take two books on serial killers!  (You can see we ran out of room so we just left a lot of stuff in containers!  We had tables that we also had for sale and they sold first thing so we ran out of table space!)

Once the sale was over, it was off to Morgantown for my husband's first tattoo.  It took 3 hours.  I've never spent a Saturday night in a tattoo parlor before.  Our friends Jim and Amy were with us.  We had fun and my husband now has some pretty awesome ink!



The very start


Finished outline


it's done!

He's very happy.  After the tattoo we had a very quick dinner at Chili's and then went to see the Avengers in 3D.  I had only had 3 hours of sleep so I was getting very tired and grouchy.  I learned last night I cannot stomach 3D movies.  I got motion sickness and then tried to watch without the glasses and the blurriness made me even sicker and I finally left the theater and waited in the lobby.  I thought the movie was awful.  It's just not my kind of thing.  We finally got home at 1am. I was pooped!!  I was so cranky I looked like this:


Today Jeff had to run into work and update some computer software and I slept until 11.  He's on his way home and we're going to go see The Lucky One. I've already seen it but he's dying to see it.

Some other random photos:


Night before yard sale

Farty loved the boxes we used to store things!!

What else has been going on here lately?  Oh yeah, I know......

WE ARE NOW LICENSED FOSTER-TO-ADOPT PARENTS!!
Yep, we're just waiting on a placement and word on the child we'd like to adopt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment