Sunday, May 20, 2012

Our Last Weekend

We (read I) had so much planned for this weekend since it's the kid's last weekend with us.  It all started on Friday. The SW came over for a visit and while he and I had initially discussed not telling the kid until Monday about leaving.  Well after he thought about it a bit, the SW felt it was best for the kid to break the news to have time to process it with J and I.  I completely agree.  The kid took the news wonderfully.  The kid appears to be happy to be going home to mom. 

Friday kid and I bought additional pieces to a video game that we purchased earlier and then we went to Hibachi's for dinner.  Dinner didn't set well with me little did I know that the "bug" I thought The Kid had been faking to avoid school this week was um REAL.  Saturday I woke up dead.  The Kid had puked once on Tuesday night.  Reportedly puked after lunch at school on Wednesday and I got a call to come get this kid (I say "the kid" not disrespectfully but rather to avoid disclosing gender) from school because of vomiting.  I seriously thought it was an attempt at getting out of school so the kid was sent to bed until lunch, we ate lunch, kid thought kid could continue to stay downstairs but mama sent kid back to bed.  Therefore on Saturday, kid got revenge on mama in a way :-)

Saturday the original plans had been going to The Wow Factory where we would paint pieces of pottery so I will have something to remember the kid by, dinner with friends and movies.  What actually happened Saturday:  mama begged the Lord to keep her from puking while using a roll and a half of Charmin.  I spent four hours begging and pleading with God to keep from throwing up by 9:30am I finally threw up and felt 200% better, except for the running to the potty.  So, while I was in bed praying to die, J and the kid went to lunch (Chinese buffet) then to visit Jeff's friends Jim and Amy before J and the kid went to see a movie.

The rest of the day was mama holding the chair down, dad helping mama feel better, and kid playing video/computer games. 

Today I was still feeling kinda icky so instead of going to church we went to The Wow Factory.  I had never been there before.  There are pre-made pottery pieces of all kinds that you paint and they fire and when you get them back they are works of art!  Jeff and I decided that each child will make us something either when they first get here or before they leave so we have something to remember them by.  So that's what we did today.


I made the WV flower and the kid painted me the turtle and the dinosaur for the kid to keep.  The kid was ready for it to be over with before I was done painting so Jeff took the kid to Walmart to purchase the bag we'll pack the kid's things in Monday so I could finish my painting.

We then went to Home Depot to pick out a new ceiling fan and came home.  Once the kid went to bed I broke down sobbing.  It's going to be a hard day when we say goodbye.  But the kid still feels excited to go back to mama.

This week is going to be difficult.  After HD I brought the kid and J back to the house and I went to get a haircut.  The girl who cut my hair had been a foster child and adopted by her foster parents.  She graciously shared her story and let me know the kid will remember me always.

Thank you God for this child and for putting some random former foster kid into my life at the EXACT period of time when I needed it all the most.

To God be ALL the Glory.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing last weekend together, minus Saturday :)
    I am certain that even though the time is short, you will have made quite an impact on the child, Allison :)

    ReplyDelete